Distance Supervising First Aid for Mental Health Level 3
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions and learn about the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers. You will know how to start a supportive conversation and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
The course includes how to recognise and manage stress and understanding the impact of substance abuse. You will also learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and know how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace.
- Study the course via distance learning
- A combination of self-study and webinars
- Guided by a qualified Trainer/Assessor
- Distance learning resources included
- Assessed via a professional discussion
- Ofqual or SQA Accreditation regulated qualification (SUBJECT TO ASSESSMENT)
The qualification has 6 assigned guided learning hours (GLH) and 14 hours total qualification time (TQT).
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- Drugs and alcohol
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace