First Aid Training At Work – Walsall
Did you know that an estimated 611,000 workers in Britain sustained an injury at work in 2014/15?
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training. However, having the correct first aid provision in the workplace is not just a legal requirement, it is incredibly important for the safety of all members of staff!
The QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) qualification is specifically designed for individuals who wish to act as a first aider in their workplace. Successful candidates will learn how to manage a range of injuries and illnesses that could occur at work and will be equipped with the essential skills needed to give emergency first aid.
What’s more, as a regulated qualification, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that they have fulfilled their legal responsibilities for providing quality first aid training, without having to undertake any lengthy due diligence checks introduced in the recent HSE changes.
Why is it important to be First Aid trained?
- Reduce accidents and injuries in your workplace
- Quick reaction and speed in administrating first aid will help save lives
- Having staff first aid trained will help reduce the number of accidents
- Become more confident and knowledgeable in treating someone
- Increases safety within the workplace; having first aid training promotes a sense of safety and well-being
- Reduce the cost to the employer; reduce staff absences and fines from HSE
- First aid Training is a form of team building activity