The following terms and conditions apply to all orders for the purchase of services between HMB Training Services and the client.
If you have any queries or questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact us.
Your booking is only confirmed when an invoice has been issued by us via email. This invoice forms a contract of agreement between us in relation to the invoice particulars and HMB Training Services terms and conditions.
Once you have received your invoice we ask for acknowledgment by email within two working days. Failure to do so could mean course cancellation, in such case ‘cancellation and course transfer’ still apply.
The Full payment for group bookings is strictly 28 days from invoice date. We reserve the right to withhold certificates until full payment has been cleared.
Individual consumers are required to make a payment of £5 deposit to secure your place at the time of booking. Final payment need to be paid within 28 days of course booking or at the date of course (whichever is nearer).
Payments still outstanding after 28 days may incur an interest charge in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
Any charges incurred by us due to funds not clearing will be charged to you in addition to a £10 administration fee.
Prices on the website may change without notice or justification. This will not affect any quote already given. All quotes for training/course and business tenders are valid for 28 days.
Should circumstances require you to cancel your order and you are unable to reschedule you agree to the following charges;
- 20 days or more notice = £5
- 14 days or more notice = 20% of total cost
- 7 days or more notice = 50% of total cost
- Less than 7 days’ notice = 70% of total cost
- Less than 36 hours’ notice = Full amount payable
Cancellations must be received in writing and received by the due date and confirmed as received by HMB Training Services. Cancellations are not valid without a written receipt from HMB training Services acknowledging receipt of your cancellation.
Non-attendance or Late Attendance
If you do not attend a course or refuse our trainer access and you have not previously informed us in writing as per the terms of the contract the full course remains payable.
If you arrive late for a course or are absent from any session we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training, the full course fee remains payable.
On occasion unforeseen circumstances may require HMB Training Services to cancel a course. For example if a trainer is taken ill or has had an accident on the way to training. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either transfer to another course or a full refund will be given.
On occasion where a course has to be cancelled by HMB Training Services the booking is made on the understanding by the customer that HMB Training Services cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the customer as a result of HMB Training Services cancelling the course and therefore the customer accepts that HMB Training Services cannot compensate the customer in any way for any expenses whatsoever as a result of the said cancellation. We do not accept any responsibility for certificates expiring as a result of a cancelled course.
Certification shall not be issued until payment has been received.
Candidates must complete the full course to receive certification.
Candidates successfully completing a course will receive a HMB Training services certification as proof of competence valid for three years. These course are delivered; evaluated and quality assured to meet guidlines set out by the HSE in October 2013 and meets the requirements of the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981. In addition to our own qualifications HMB Training Services are also an approved training centre to deliver Ofqual regulated qualifications. Although it is not mandatory should you require certification via this route additional costs per person as shown below will apply;
Ofqual First Aid
Paediatric First Aid – Level 2 – £5 per person
First Aid at Work – Level 3- £10 per person.
Certification – replacement
Replacement first aid certificates will be supplied at a cost of £10 per certificate (inc of VAT and postage).
Replacement Qualsafe certification will be supplied at £25.00 per certificate (inc of VAT and postage).
Clients may substitute candidates for the course at any time prior to the course commencing. Please inform us as soon as possible.
We ask that you and your course participants are aware of the following;
- First Aid is an active, practical and interactive subject. Candidates are normally expected to be physically fit and able to kneel, twist and bend over simulated casualties, to sit on the floor, perform simulated CPR, roll, help roll and help lift simulated casualties. The duties of a first aider can be physically demanding. In the line of the Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) Approved Codes of Practice, candidates must be free from any condition that will affect their participation in the course and their capability to carry out the duties of a first aider.
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing, not shorts, low cut tops, miniskirts etc. Please no lipstick, lip-gloss or lip balms as this hinders cleaning and the hygiene of the CPR manikins.
- Please bring any medical problems or issues that may affect your ability to complete a course to the attention of the trainer or head office as soon it is becomes apparent, and before the course starts (e.g. recent injury, learning disability, dyslexia etc.) We will make all reasonable adjustments to account for this during our courses and try to account for this prior to the course if we are aware of the difficulty.
- We will not exclude anyone from our training but reserve the right to ensure all reasonable adjustments are in place to meet our statutory obligations. If you do not disclose information about yourself or your group at the time of booking, we reserve the right to cancel a course or your booking.
- You/your group members are responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of behaviour in a safe and reasonable manner. Unacceptable behaviour may lead to offenders being asked to leave and you be required to pay for any damage caused by yourself to equipment or venue.
- Candidates must be 16 years old and above.
It is the employer’s/individual responsibility to ensure that all candidates attending a first aid course at work requalification course hold a proof of a current (in date) first aid at work certificate which is valid for the duration of requalification course being attended.
HMB Training Service holds Professional Liability, Public Liability and Employer’s Liability Insurance. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to any person(s) or property not in connection with the activities of HMB Training Services.
HMB Training Services must retain records for a minimum of three years. Our records must be available to Qualsafe Awards upon any request to review as part of our ongoing monitoring and quality assurance activities.
We will on time to time, email our customers any; regulation changes, treatment amendments or reminder of certificate expiry. Our customers will need to inform HMB Training Services if they do not wish to receive any of the above reasons of correspondence via email.
Our terms and conditions may be adapted from time to time to keep up with the latest legislation, insurance requirements etc.
HMB Training Services reserves all rights including, but limited to, changes and interpretation of this policy and its contents.